Are you dreaming of that fancy blue checkmark next to your name on Threads? That’s called a verified badge, and it’s a stamp that tells people your account is the real deal.
The crystal ball of verification fate remains a bit hazy when it comes to legacy verified accounts keeping their badges. However, at present, the majority of folks were granted automatic verification, as long as their account was already connected to the main Instagram.
Let’s jump into how you can get that snazzy badge!
There are Two Cool Ways:
It appears that Meta (formerly known as Facebook) has become quite stringent when it comes to freely granting certain privileges. It seems they have shifted towards a subscription model, requiring users to pay up. But fear not, my friend, for all hope is not lost just yet.
1. Be a part of Meta Verified: Meta has this cool club called Meta Verified which is available on their platforms. If you subscribe on Instagram, you could get the verified badge on Threads. But not everyone can join; there are some rules you gotta meet.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a public or private profile that’s associated with your full name, aligns with naming standards, and have a profile picture that includes your face.
- Have two-factor authentication enabled, which may be completed after payment.
- Meet minimum activity requirements, such as prior posting history.
- Have a government-issued ID that matches the name on your profile and profile picture.
After achieving verification on Instagram, the badge will be automatically displayed on your Threads username. It’s important to mention that previously verified accounts, whether meta-verified or legacy-verified, will maintain their badge. The great news is that you can also retain your current username throughout the verification process.
2. Become a Renowned or Respected Personality: If you’re kinda a big deal, like a celebrity or a well-known brand, you can just apply for the badge directly on your settings. But hold on! You gotta make sure your account is up to scratch. Here’s what Instagram wants to see:
Authenticity: You must be a genuine individual, a legitimate business, or an authentic entity. Impersonators or fake accounts are strictly prohibited.
Unique Identity: Your account should be one-of-a-kind. Having multiple accounts for the same purpose, such as multiple accounts for your pets, does not qualify for verification. However, if you’re multilingual, it may be possible to have a verified account for each language you represent.
Complete Setup: Your profile must have a profile picture, a bio, and regular content postings. Additionally, your account must be set to public visibility, not private.
Recognized Presence: You or your brand should possess a certain level of fame or recognition. It can also be as simple as showing up on search engines. If people frequently search for you or your name is discussed in the media organically (without paid promotion), it indicates a positive indication for verification.
While there`s currently no way to apply with threads directly, once verified on Instagram, the badge is automatically applied to your Threads username. Refer to Meta Platforms for further inquiries.
Make sure your Instagram username is exactly what you want before applying. If you get verified, you can’t change it later but you can contact Meta`s support for updates.
Don’t try to trick Instagram with fake info to get verified. They’re like ninjas and will catch you. They might take away your badge or even shut down your account.
Extra tip: If you do get verified, think about boosting your account’s security. Like adding two-factor authentication. That’s like a fancy lock on your account.
And that’s it! Follow these steps and you might just get that swanky blue checkmark. Good luck, and happy Instagramming, oh wait, threading, get it? Because its called Threads!
Bear in mind that this information could be as old as those retro bell-bottoms in the back of your closet. To stay up-to-date, be sure to consult the meta platforms for the latest and greatest. Trust me, they’ve got the freshest insights! Let me know how this info was helpful to you by chatting with me on Instagram Threads @emmanuelmotelin and that’s it. Best of luck!
Last Updated on 07/14/2023 by Emmanuel Motelin